District 1 red flag alert danger

check D1 pc, they are up to no good! their gold must be transferred to cambria!

6 Likes

Just WHY CAMBRIA? I elect we pour it all into blastin’ pepes and give them to the community as air drops.

2 Likes

My experience with D1 was so bad, I almost left Blast altogether. They need to try and prevent this happening in the future.

1 Like

Really? What happened with D1?

1 Like

Idk if D1 did anything ‘wrong’ but definitely unsavory. Their UX is poor, and they are a ‘social’ site with no real way to connect to them socially. They autoflag and ban accounts based on who knows what and you have 0 way to appeal, as their support email bounces :rofl:

My biggest objection was when they pivoted to D1 memes giving away the gold allocated for D1.

But plenty of other shortcomings like not giving the $OLE earned, taking away gold from a ton of real users.

Ultimately I just got the sense that the absolutely last people they cared about were the users.

Did we every learn what the deal was with them giving themselves a huge allocation of gold / points?

One of the best feelings of the past 4 months of blast was closing D1 and knowing I never had to go back.

1 Like

Transparency was definitely missing. At least I would like to see a post-mortem. Because they’ve died, right?

1 Like

I thought we found out that was for appeals.

1 Like

Whether they are dead or not, I think your idea of a post-mortem is excellent. I think this would be a great way for them to explain to the community and to get all the dirty laundry out. It would be cool if blast foundation would also support it since it was one of the biggest D apps being pushed

We need to know what went on. It was so sketchy in the end.

And When AirDrop OLE ?
Curious …

I will never blame a Dapp for my investment decisions, if I take a loss it is entirely on me. What I take offence to is continuously providing them the highest tier of incentives without any checks and balances (that the public was aware of). I’d love for D1 to face some sort of recompense for their behaviour BUT more importantly we need a mechanism to mitigate and punish this in the future. It’s looking like it will be solved in other areas of the forum discussions but experiences like this likely turned off users from BLAST and maybe even crypto. Would just like to see BLAST get a little more heavy handed with behaviour like this and become the town sheriff in this way where they can take immediate action when Dapp behaviour warrants it.

big fan of blast, sold nothing and sticking around for awhile

1 Like

agreed. would like to understand what actually occured.

1 Like

Let’s talk about a decentralized audit of Gold usage post-allocation. :thinking:

Here’s a wild idea:

• The “Gold Transparency Network” :bulb: A community-driven platform where users can track Gold allocation and project progress.

• Open Data and Smart Contracts: Projects receiving Gold would commit to publicly sharing data about their spending and usage, verified by smart contracts.

• Community Oversight: Blastonauts can monitor the data, provide feedback, and hold projects accountable.

This decentralized approach would create a more transparent and accountable system, ensuring that Gold is used to drive real value within the Blast ecosystem. :muscle:

What do you think? :thinking: Let’s discuss!

I think part of the problem is that Blast can tell people to DYOR and that being listed on the points page is not an endorsement, etc etc. But the reality is that when Blast gives a dapp gold, they’re very actively endorsing the use of that dapp. They’re endorsing it to such an extent that they’re quite literally paying you to use it.

I want to see Blast reps very active in this forum, and very active in communicating about the conduct of dapps on their platform that they assign gold to. The users will flow wherever incentive is the highest, so when they shipped a ton of gold to D1, and D1 hard fumbled, that reflected very poorly on Blast as a whole.

Pacman needs to let the community know that he understands this, and to make the required changes to prove it.

1 Like

+1 on this, they dont have a single proper communication social channel, and tweet on twitter like a grain of sea compare to chatting on discord or telegram.

Cambria is the best invention since sliced bread.

But also need to remember there are other decent protocols on Blast who are driving real innovation: Blastr, Fantasy Top, Blastin Pepes to name just a few!

I have looked at this here sliced bread, and I am not impress.
Cambria looks like it has potential though!